Government Contracting Workshops
GovCon Dynamics Specializes in Navigating the Federal, State and Local Government Procurement Process.
GovCon Dynamics specializes in not only navigating the federal contracting arena, but also, state and local government procurement processes. Moreover, we provide training and support services in business development, program and contract management and administration. We also provide consultative and instructional support in leadership and organizational development. In fact, we work with businesses that are new to government contracting as well as established firms seeking to maximize their advantages and award success. Through our comprehensive workshops, customized training and consulting services, clients not only gain a thorough understanding of the required processes, but also the strategies, techniques and procedures that have proven successful in winning government contracts. With this in mind, we work closely with our clients to assist them in achieving organizational success.
Federal, State & Local
Government Contracting Workshops
Our government contracting workshops are designed to assist our clients in all aspects of contracting at the federal, state, and local levels. Participants gain increased awareness to the various programs, incentives, and opportunities available to small businesses. The goal of our workshops is to maximize each participant’s win potential in the bid and proposal process. Additionally, we provide business development and organizational development strategies to aid in maximizing opportunity and increase profitability.
If you are new to government contracting or are seeking to increase your win potential, The Essentials of Government Contracting Workshop is designed for you.
The Essentials of our Government Contracting Workshops
We worked hard to simplify this course. During this 3-week interactive workshop we provide instruction on all aspects of government contracting in a manner that suits your unique requirements.
- First, we host live webinars (via Zoom) on the essentials twice per week for three (3) weeks.
- Second, we host a live question and answer webinar session at the end of each week to address any questions and prepare participants for the next week’s sessions.
- Third, we record each webinar so you can review the material as often as you like during the workshop period.
- Fourth, we make ourselves available throughout the course to assist you.
- Lastly, we provide each participant a copy of our Essentials of Government Contracting workbook as a reference to assist you during the course and after.
Topics for The Essentials of our Government Contracting Workshops:
- Week 1 - Session 1
- Getting Started
- Company formation
- Registration Procedures (federal, state, local)
- Federal/State Preference Programs
- North American Industrial Classification Codes (NAICS) and Product and Service Codes (PSCs)
- Locating and Tracking Bid Opportunities (federal, state, local)
- The Acquisition Gateway and Agency-specific Procurement Sites
- Agency Acquisition forecasts
- Week 1 - Session 2
- Bid Types/Contract Types
- Fixed-price vs. Cost-reimbursement
- LPTA vs. Best Value
- Sources Sought & RFI’s
- IDIQ vs. Requirements Contracts vs. Commercial Buys
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Contract Clauses
- Contract Risk Identification
- Bid Types/Contract Types
- Week 2 - Session 1
- Marketing and Business Development
- Bid-Capture Process
- Customer Relationship Management
- Priming/Subcontracting/Teaming Considerations
- Week 2 - Session 2
- Proposal Win Strategy and Development
- Compliancy and Proposal Evaluation Process
- Win Themes
- Week 3 - Session 1
- Strategic Pricing
- Cost Types
- Cost Pools
- Basis of Estimates
- Wrap Rates
- Week 3 - Session 2
- Organizational Considerations
- Organizational Structure
- Human Resources, Accounting, Operations
- Legal and Compliance Considerations
- Contract Management and Administration
Additional course offerings:
- Focused Courses – Learn from subject matter experts and industry leaders about key business functions related to government contracting.
- Human Resource Compliance for Government Contractors.
- Legal Aspects of Government Contracting.
- Accounting Aspects of Government Contracting (DCAA Compliance).
- Proposal Development Strategies.
- Contract Management and Administration.
- Business Development Strategies.
- GSA Schedules.
- Facility Security Clearances and Related Topics.
- Quality Assurance.
GovCon Dynamics Course Offerings
What is a NAICS Code
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies. Specifically, in classifying business establishments. For the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
What is a FAR
The Federal Acquisition Regulation (“FAR”) is a set of regulations that sets forth the rules that the Government has to follow. In order, to acquire goods and services with procurement contracts.
The purpose of the FAR is to publish uniform policies and procedures for federal agencies, to follow when going through the procurement process.
What is a GSA Schedule
The GSA Schedule, is also known as Federal Supply Schedule and Multiple Award Schedule (MAS). It is a long term government wide contract with commercial companies. That, provide access to millions of commercial products and services. All at fair and reasonable prices to the government. MAS makes buying not only easy. But also, efficient with the use of modern technology to connect government buyers and industry.
The federal government is notably, the largest buyer of products and services in the United States.
Generally speaking, this is the Federal contract dollars awarded to small businesses in 2018.
Since 2015, this is number of client contract wins.