Government Contracting Workshops
Our government contracting workshops are designed to assist our clients in all aspects of contracting. To include, federal, state, and local agencies. Participants gain increased awareness to the various programs, incentives, and opportunities available to small businesses. Thus, the goal of our workshops is to maximize each participant’s win potential in the bid and proposal process. We provide business development and organizational development strategies. Not only, to aid in maximizing opportunity. But also, to increase profitability.
If you are new to government contracting or are seeking to increase your win potential. Then, The Essentials of Government Contracting Workshop is designed for you.
The Essentials of Government Contracting Workshops
We worked hard to simplify this course. Especially, during this 3-week comprehensive workshop. During this course, we will host several webinars.
- Firstly, we will host a live webinar on the essentials twice per week for three (3) weeks.
- Secondly, we will host a live webinar session at the end of each week. In particular, to address any questions and help before the next week’s session.
- Lastly, we will record each webinar so you can review the material as often as you like during the workshop period.
Topics for The Essentials of Government Contracting Workshops:
- Week 1 - Session 1
- Getting Started
- Company formation
- Registration Procedures (federal, state, local)
- Federal/State Preference Programs
- North American Industrial Classification Codes (NAICS) and Product and Service Codes (PSCs)
- Locating and Tracking Bid Opportunities (federal, state, local)
- The Acquisition Gateway and Agency-specific Procurement Sites
- Agency Acquisition forecasts
- Week 1 - Session 2
- Bid Types/Contract Types
- Fixed-price vs. Cost-reimbursement
- LPTA vs. Best Value
- Sources Sought & RFI’s
- IDIQ vs. Requirements Contracts vs. Commercial Buys
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Contract Clauses
- Contract Risk Identification
- Bid Types/Contract Types
- Week 2 - Session 1
- Marketing and Business Development
- Bid-Capture Process
- Customer Relationship Management
- Priming/Subcontracting/Teaming Considerations
- Week 2 - Session 2
- Proposal Win Strategy and Development
- Compliancy and Proposal Evaluation Process
- Win Themes
- Week 3 - Session 1
- Strategic Pricing
- Cost Types
- Cost Pools
- Basis of Estimates
- Wrap Rates
- Week 3 - Session 2
- Organizational Considerations
- Organizational Structure
- Human Resources, Accounting, Operations
- Legal and Compliance Considerations
- Contract Management and Administration
Additional course offerings:
- Focused Courses – Learn from subject matter experts and industry leaders about key business functions related to government contracting.
- Human Resource Compliance for Government Contractors.
- Legal Aspects of Government Contracting.
- Accounting Aspects of Government Contracting (DCAA Compliance).
- Proposal Development Strategies.
- Contract Management and Administration.
- Business Development Strategies.
- GSA Schedules.
- Facility Security Clearances and Related Topics.
- Quality Assurance.